A Lundquist employee who was working a limited shift in the CDCRC through last Friday, May 8, has now tested positive for SARS CoV-2. Contact tracing is underway, and anyone who is known to have had any contact with this person is being notified directly and provided with instructions to minimize further transmission of the virus.
This communication is to inform you of the situation and to ask for your continued cooperation with adherence to our COVID-19 related policies:
- Only employees deemed “essential” are allowed on campus
- A face mask must be worn on campus at all times; indoors and outdoors. The only exception is if the employee has been assigned, and is occupying their private, one-person office.
- Social distancing must be maintained, even with masks
- Necessary hygiene must be maintained (hand washing, surface cleaning, etc.)
Importantly, we will be performing a deep cleaning of the CDCRC Building this weekend.
Please self-monitor for any COVID-19 symptoms, and if you experience symptoms, please do not come on campus but inform your supervisor and John Munz in Human Resources.
As a reminder, COVID-19 symptoms may appear 2- 14 days after exposure to the virus. People with any one of these symptoms or combination of symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Or at least two of these symptoms:
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
Thank you for your cooperation in preventing any further SARS CoV-2 infections on our campus and in the CDCRC.