Urgent Communication Re: COVID-19 Coronavirus from the President and CEO
As you know, The Lundquist Institute has been closely monitoring the COVID-19 coronavirus situation to assure the safety and health of all Lundquist Institute employees, volunteers, study participants and other stakeholders.
As we’ve monitored the progression of the situation over the last 24 hours it has become increasingly evident that the best course of action to protect our employees and other stakeholders is to implement an immediate requirement that all non-essential personnel – whether in an administrative, research, or other function - stay at home until further notice. The only individuals that will be considered “essential personnel” are those individuals who need to be on campus here to keep things alive, from cells to animals to humans. Essential personnel should be on campus only for the amount of time required to accomplish the tasks that are absolutely necessary. They should depart the campus immediately upon concluding those tasks.
If you are receiving this email and are on campus, you should leave immediately, unless you are performing an essential function.
Please be sure to monitor your Lundquist Institute email for updates on this situation. We will be working on establishing telecommuting capabilities where possible and will be providing updates on that shortly. There will many questions which will arise requiring answers, and we will endeavor to provide those answers, to the maximum extent possible, and as quickly as possible. If you know of co-workers who do not have access to company email, please forward this communication to their personal email address or contact them by telephone or text to provide them with this update.
While you are at home, please remember to practice safe habits:
1. No business travel should occur
2. Minimize personal travel, even local.
3. Restrict visitors to the extent possible. Do not entertain any visitors while at The Lundquist campus
4. Cancel all face-to-face conferences and replace them with videoconferencing where possible
5. Self-monitor for symptoms (cough, fever, and difficulty breathing) and seek medical advice if you have them. Call your doctor or ER for instructions before going there.
6. Adopt “social distancing”: staying at least 6 feet away from others. No handshaking, hugging or other close contact.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding of the need to take this action. We will be communicating with regular updates, and if and when there is important information to share.